Monday, 28 November 2011



 ~ Emotion is a universal language that everyone speaks and understands ~

Happy /ˈhæpi/ - feeling or showing pleasure; pleased;

You don't look very happy today.

 Sad /sæd/ - unhappy or showing unhappiness;

 We are very sad to hear that you are leaving.

 Shy /ʃaɪ/ - nervous or embarrassed about meeting and speaking to other people;

 Don't be shy—come and say hello.

 Excited /ɪkˈsaɪəd/ - feeling or showing happiness and enthusiasm;

 The kids were excited about opening their gifts.

 Sorry /'sɔri/ - feeling sad and sympathetic;

 I'm sorry that your husband lost his job.

 Proud /praʊd/ - feeling pleased and satisfied about something that you own or have done, or are connected with;

She was proud that her daughter had so much talened.

 Embarrassed /ɪmˈbærəst/ - (of a person or their behavior) shy, awkward, or ashamed, especially in a social situation;

 I've never felt so embarrassed in my life!

 Angry - having strong feelings about something that you dislike very much or about an unfair situation;

 Her behavior really made me angry.

 Guilty - feeling ashamed because you have done something that you know is wrong or have not done something that you should have done;

 I felt guilty about not visiting my parents more often.

Surprised /sərˈpraɪzd; səˈpraɪzd/ - feeling or showing surprise

She looked surprised when I told her.

 Afraid /əˈfreɪd/ - feeling fear; frightened because you think that you might be hurt or suffer;

Are you afraid of spiders?

 Impatient /ɪmˈpeɪʃnt/ - annoyed or irritated by someone or something, especially because you have to wait for a long time;

 I'd been waiting for twenty minutes and I was getting impatient.

 Jealous /ˈdʒɛləs/ - feeling angry or unhappy because someone you like or love is showing interest in someone else; feeling angry or unhappy because you wish you had something that someone else has;

 He's only talking to her to make you jealous.

 Hopeful /ˈhoʊpfl/ - (of a person) believing that something you want will happen;

 I feel hopeful that we'll find a larger house very soon.

 Hurt /hərt/ - to cause physical pain to someone/yourself; to injure someone/yourself

Stop it. You're hurting me.

 Love /lʌv/- a strong feeling of deep affection for someone or something, especially a member of your family or a friend;

 She was in love with him.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment