Pages

Monday, 27 February 2012

LESSON 2

Greetings
When you briefly greet somebody.
Hi!
Hello!
Hi there!
When you greet somebody more politely.
How are you?
How is everything?
How is it going?
How has it been?
How have you been?
How do you do?
When you greet somebody at a particular time of the day.
Good morning!
How are you this morning?
Good afternoon!
Afternoon!
Good evening!
Evening!
When you greet a person you haven’t seen for a long time.
I haven’t seen you in a long time!
I haven’t seen you in years!
I haven’t seen you for ages!
Long time no see!
It’s good to see you again!
Where have you been hiding yourself?
Where have you been keeping yourself?
I don’t see you much around here anymore!

Time to say good bye

Goodbye is a traditional saying that is said when leaving. Usually, people say this when they will meet again, but sometimes goodbye can mean that they will never see each other again. Most people agree that the saying is shortened from "God be with you".



·  Simple goodbyes (Formal)
  • Goodbye
  • Stay/be in touch.
  • I hope to see you soon.
Simple goodbyes (Informal)
  • Bye
  • See you
  • Talk to you later
  • Catch up with you later
  • Cheerio
  • So long
  • Take it easy
  • See you
  • See you later
  • Catch you later
  • Bye bye for now
  • I got to go now
Tongue Twisters

RUBBER BABY BUGGER BUMPERS  
SHE SELLS SEA SHELLS BY THE SEA SHORE  
I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM 
PETER PIPER PICKED A PECK OF PICKLED PEPPERS


No comments:

Post a Comment